Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Morning

We spent (what may have been my first ever) Easter morning at home this year due to the fact that we had been gone for the prior eight days. That's a lot of days to be gone!

side story: ever since we told Benson he couldn't eat any more of his Halloween candy because Halloween is a "special" day and it only lasts one day long, and we get to do things on that day that we don't get to do on other days... He's been trying to get candy, treats, anything he wants, out of us, by declaring...

"It's a Spay-shull Da-e!"

Last week, out of the blue, on a like, random tuesday, he declares,
"Daddy! It's a "Special Day!" I get candy today! "

Benjamin looks at him and says,
"Really? Why is today a special day?!"

To which he replied...
"Because Jesus loves me!"

crafty little booger... how do you say no to that?!

With that in mind...

Benson woke up Easter morning to his Daddy telling him that it was indeed, a "special day!" Because it was Easter! and Jesus died on the cross for our sins and rose again...
And today was a "special day!" Where we remember Him and celebrate his resurrection!
Since it was a "special day" he had some surprises in his Easter basket...



He liked 'em
He likes Special Days.





We went to Pageland to spend Easter Day with the Hunter side and attended the service at Grandmama Hunters church. Benson walked down the isle for the children's sermon for the first time. Instead of stopping where the other children were, he just kept on walking right past them and to the door at the back of the sanctuary... Benjamin had to run down to the front to direct him where to go. Silly boy!



Benjamin was gearing up for Easter pics.. acting "natural" and all...






...7...8....9....10!



Ready or Not! Here I come!!






" Fro me up in da air, Daddy! Fro me up in da air! "






" Daddy, You're the Best! "



More Pageland Easter pics to come :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! Those pictures of Benson and Benjamin are so precious. :)
    -Kathy H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean, the one of him hugging B is so sweet. Sniff, sniff. Also, he looks precious. See, you don't even need my help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. The one with him counting by the tree is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica, your pictures are unbelievable! They melt my heart everytime I look at them! You are very talented and have a beautiful family! Hope y'all had a Happy Easter!

    -Katy Clark

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica,
    I linked to your blog from Kelli Staggs', and I love your pictures! These pictures of your husband and son are wonderful! What were your camera settings for these pictures? If you have time, my email address is michellethomas@live.com.
    Thanks so much!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete