Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Tree Decorating 2009

A little perspective...

Ok-- so I think Benjamin's a little older here, because he has a lot of hair, and he didn't get any til he was two either.. but they are still cute!

{{Hot Cocoa}} Exciting? Um, read this face...

Benson always specifically requests to add the marshmallows...

Drinking the hot cocoa, the marshmallows always escape him... which is rather frustrating...

So he begs for a spoon (we brought this one all the way home from Yogurtland in Texas on our trip to visit the Moores!)

Happy, marshmallow-filled, boy!

Daddy, beginning the forever-long task of putting together our gi-normous tree. (Notice I say, Daddy" only--I do not participate in this part of our holiday traditions because, although our tree is beautiful and probably cost its original owners hundreds of dollars-- we got it at a yard sale-- it completely puts a damper on my holiday spirit because you have to click in and "fluff" each branch and they scratch my arms and frustrate me-- and lets face it, I'm a baby when it come to stuff like that-- So B picks up the slack for the Ryan team in this one.. Thanks, babe! :) ) I do help decorate, though :)

Benson "helping..."

Waiting on the popcorn to pop...

A very strong smile:

A very VERY strong smile:

Benson enjoying some homemade popcorn:

And Daddy still working on the tree...

And Benson "helping..." some more...

Doing the honors of placing baby Jesus in the manger...

And we're still working on the tree...

Angels are so last season...

And Benson helping.... (I really need one of those newfangled tree bag things-- this box has seen its day...)

Time for the lights (we broke up the four-hour process of putting UP the tree and the actual decorating OF the tree into two days, hence the costume changes:)

Here's a little perspecitive from Christmas 2008...

hanging the first ornament...


Benson LOVED getting to hang ornaments on the tree.. there was about a 1.5 foot square that had about 20 ornaments in it..


Oh benson....


Benjamin gave me this ornament last year to celebrate SugarLump Stationery's inagural Christams season-- It is perfect and so cute! I love it! Christmas is my busiest time-- that's why the Blog has been seriously outdated these past couple weeks :)



Our nine foot tree and three foot son

All done decorating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment