Thursday, April 7, 2011

My 28th Birthday Weekend!

It was my birthday on Sunday.
April the Turd.
Sorry, that's what I used to call it when I was little.
Benjamin can't stand the word "turd" so he's not a fan of me saying it that way,
but it's part of my past.
I come with lots of luggage.  Or is it baggage?  Well, perhaps both.   

I always get excited when I start seeing milk that expires on April 3, because I know it's getting closer.  Seeing how I haven't exactly been comparing milk expiration dates lately, I'd say the build up to the big B-day has been a little slow.  I really wasn't expecting a whole lot.. I mean, we couldn't even go to a nice restaurant or anything to celebrate.  And let's face it, there's just not a whole lot of fun to be had on a birthday spent on bedrest.

Or so I thought.

Then, Kell called and asked if she and Trey and Lael could come down for the weekend!  Well, let me just say that them being here made my birthday weekend an absolute BALL!!  It ended up being a really fun and memorable version of "chillaxing" which we're pretty spectacular at anyway, but had a great excuse for (doctors orders!) this time!   We got to hang out, watch movies, lay out in the sun like a coupla beached whales, watch our babies play and our other babies kick around in our tummies.  I wasn't sure that we'd get to see each other again before our little guy made his debut, so it was such a treat to get to share this sweet time together. 

Benjamin spent the whole weekend cooking yummy food for us and we had an outback-esque steak dinner prepared by my grill maestro hunk of a husband.  Kelli made cupcakes frosted with none other than RAINBOW CHIP frosting!  And we had so much fun being together.  I am so blessed to have such a sweet and thoughtful best friend who knew JUST how to make my birthday so special.
Thanks so much kell, I love you!!

Of course Benson helped me blow out the candles.
It's kinda one of his specialties.  

28

Kell was one day shy of 28 weeks on my 28th birthday!!
And in this pic, on my 28th birthday, I'm exactly 34 weeks and 4 days along,
which is exactly how far along I was when Benson was born!
So I'm officialy more pregnant than I've ever been!
Woo to tha Hoo!!!

DSC_1670

Kelli's little girl is due June 28 and Our little guy is due May 12...

the bumps

These two have no idea what they are in for...
It won't be long before we're trying to get a good picture of all SIX of us.
Yeeahhhh... that'll never happen.  But that doesn't mean we won't try!! :)

the six of usa

34 and 4 on 4/3 !!

34 and 4

And my itty bitty sugarlump is two months away from being four. 
How is that even POSSIBLE??

sugar hugs

I'm so thankful to have another one bakin' away in there... getting nice and plump :)

belly  closeu[

I wouldn't mind if he ended up being just like his older brother.

cutie benson

What a blessing it was to celebrate my 28th birthday with such special family and friends.  
I'm so very very thankful!

5 comments:

  1. And my sweet friend, you bless us by sharing your life and that of your sweet family. Thanks and much love.

    Wanda Reed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks Wanda :) I hope you're doing well :) I miss yall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday!
    You are SO young!!!
    Love the blog.
    Rachel C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful family you have. It looks like you had a wonderful day.
    I can't believe our boys will be 4 in two months. That is just unbelievable.
    Have a wonderful weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. such sweet photos! happy belated bday :)

    ReplyDelete